Sunscreen SPF50 100ml
- Broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
- Exceeds EU recommendations for UVA protection
- Clinically tested
- Easily absorbed, non-sticky and no residue
- Daily use on face and body
- Excellent tolerability
- Fragrance and paraben free
- Water resistant
- Prevents UV radiation reaching the skin
- UVB (ultraviolet radiation) causes sunburn (and also enables vitamin D production)
- UVA causes wrinkles, brown spots (photoageing)
- Both UVB and UVA can contribute to the development of skin cancer
- SPF = Sun Protection Factor (the number of times longer you can stay in the sun before burning compared to wearing no sunscreen) indicates UVB protection
- The amount of UVB radiation that is filtered out varies with different SPFs:
- SPF 15 blocks 93% of UVB;
- SPF 30 blocks 96.7% of UVB;
- SPF 50 blocks 98.3% of UVB.
- Always check a product has UVA protection. It is not essential to have the Boots star rating, but if it has, look for 4 or 5 stars. The UVA in a circle is a marker of quality and indicates that the UV protection, specifically the critical wavelength, extends beyond 370nm.
- The critical wavelength (CW) is the point at which 90% of the absorption of UV takes place. 370nm is accepted as a minimum standard worldwide.
- Water resistant sunscreens are ideal for sports and outdoor activities
ALTRUIST supports Under the Same Sun
A charity supporting children with albinism in Tanzania and the rest of Africa. We believe everybody should have an equal opportunity to be protected from the sun. With each tube purchased we will donate 10p. You can help children with albinism in Africa.
Skin Cancer in children
With its scorching hot sun, the tropical climate of Tanzania puts people with albinism at a high risk for developing skin cancer at an early age. 100 per cent of children with albinism in Tanzania show signs of sun-related skin damage by the age of 10.
Sunburn increases your risk of skin cancer. Cumulative UV exposure increases your risk of skin cancer and skin ageing. Reduce your risk by covering up with clothes and a broad rimmed hat when outdoors. Apply sunscreen generously to exposed skin before going out. Reapply frequently (frequency will vary according to conditions, but every 2-3 hours is a good guide) and after swimming or towelling.
Dermatologist's advice: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Try to avoid the sun between 11am – 3 pm. Prolonged exposure to the sun may be harmful. Babies should not be exposed to the sun.
1. UV protection:
A broad rang of photostable and photostabilised UV filters, including the most advanced filter available Tinosorb A2B, to ensure that quality protection is provided across the whole UVA/UVB spectrum. All of these are formulated at moderate concentrations in order to avoid any adverse reaction. This results in high quality UVA and UVB protection, exceeding EU standards.
To keep sufficient moisture in the skin glycerine (3%) and panthenol (0.3%) are formulated into the water phase at moderate concentration, to maintain hydration without exaggerating the moisturising effect associated with excessive glycerine.
The emulsion is formulated to optimise the distribution of sun filters on the skin, resulting in high SPF levels.
Molecules with known allergic potential like parabens, CMIT, MIT, bronopol, benzyl alcohol, IPBC etc. are avoided. Therefore a mixture of phenoxyethanol (0.3 %), silver choride (20 ppm), piroctone olamine (0.1 %) supported by caprylyl glycol was selected. This combination is especially designed to avoid the odour of many preservatives and to minimise any risk of skin sensitisation or allergy
Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Octocrylene, Glycerin, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide (nano), Cyclopentasiloxane, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tris-Biphenyl Triazine (nano), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Silica, Piroctone Olamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Titanium Dioxide, Disodium Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Silver Chloride.
Altruist Sunscreen SPF50 100ml
- Product Code: ALT1
- Availability: In Stock